This Episode describes the LCL( Less than Container Load) process from a Freight Forwarder / 3PL perspective. We first discuss the generic LCL process to set a basic understanding.
Then we high level talk about how the LCL process is handled in TM, going step by step from
– capacity management
– Order Taking
– Receiving at the first warehouse
– Routing and organizational interaction between the involved org units of the Freight Forwarder
– Assignment of the stages to pickup, feeder, Ocean Booking, defeeder, delivery
– Warehouse interaction
– Drayage Orders
– Interaction between the sending and receiving Org Units (Export&Import process)
– Charge Calculation Invoicing & internal settlement
All information provided by this podcast is based on our best knowledge. However there can be wrong information or things can be changed.